Let us take the stress out of school uniform, by offering choices to buy in store or on-line.
The governors and staff at Lyndhurst Junior School believe the school uniform is an important part of the school’s success. We believe it builds a sense of belonging and we are extremely proud of the image portrayed by children wearing our school uniform in the local community. The school does not allow the children to wear fashion branded clothing or clothing that has strong branding of a particular store. Children are not allowed to wear jewellery such as necklaces or bracelets (unless required for medical or religious reasons) but can wear a single pair of simple stud earrings together with a wristwatch, both of which must be removed for games/PE lessons.
Although many children do wear it, it is not essential to buy clothing that is embroidered with the school badge. There is, however, an expectation that school colours will be worn. Headbands and headscarves must be plain and simple without excessive decoration, whilst any bows worn in the hair should be small and not brightly coloured. Nail varnish and temporary tattoos are not permitted in school. Long hair should be tied back and hair should not be bleached or cut too short (e.g. grade 1).
- Charcoal grey or black trousers, shorts, skirt, or pinafore (no denim whatsoever)
- Maroon sweatshirt or cardigan
- Pale blue polo shirt
- Plain socks
- Pale blue and white summer dresses are perfectly acceptable alternative in the warmer weather Plain black shoes, with no open toes, markings or colour
- Plain white T-shirt or white T-shirt with school logo
- Maroon or black shorts
- Trainers for outdoor work, with either plimsolls or bare feet for indoor PE
- A plain black, blue or grey tracksuit may be worn for outdoor PE in the colder weather
- Football kits or T-shirts with logos are not permitted
Please label all clothes, including PE kits and shoes, clearly with your child’s name and class.
We strongly recommend your child use a school book bag as the classrooms do not have space for back pacts etc. Book bags are available from our uniform stockists. It can be useful to help your child identify their book bag with a key-ring. They do not need a pencil case, as we provide all equipment.